– 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
– 1 (10 ounce) cont. grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
– 1 (6 ounce) canmedium black olives, drained, sliced in half lengthwise
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 1 (20 ounce) package cheese-filled egg tortellini, cooked al dente, drained (fresh or frozen)
– 1⁄3 cup olive oil, more if needed
– 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, the kind in the can
– 1 (8 ounce) jar basil pesto
– 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, more if needed
– 2 teaspoons minced garlic
– 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
– 8 ounces half of a 1 lb. box rotini pasta, cooked al dente, drained
– Cook pastas, set aside to drain and cool a bit.
– In large bowl or punch bowl, add rest of ingredients, folding gently til well mixed.
– Gently fold in pastas well.
– Adjust seasoning to taste, meaning, add more salt, parmesan, etc., til you like it.
– Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
– *If you make this say a day ahead of time, you’ll need to “refresh” this. Just add a bit more olive oil, salt and parmesan before serving.
– This salad is best, though, room temp, or even slightly warm.