– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (preferably canola)
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 large eggs, at room temperature
– 1 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 (1⁄2) cups fresh blueberries, lightly coated with flour
2/ Vanilla Glaze
– 1 (1⁄4) cups powdered sugar, sifted
– 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
– 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch tube pan.
– In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, and eggs, using an electric mixer on medium speed, for about 3 minutes or until light and thick.
– Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating after each addition until smooth.
– Fold in the blueberries.
– Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
– Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
– Let cake cool in the pan for 1 hour.
– Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
– To make the glaze: In the top of a double boiler, over barely simmering water, combine the sugar, cream, and vanilla.
– Stir mixture for about 2 minutes or until well blended.
– Pour into a glass measuring cup and cover until ready to use.
– When the cake is completely cooled–drizzle glaze over cake.
– Let glaze set for 1 hour before slicing and serving the cake.