Baby showers are a great way to celebrate a newborn’s upcoming birth, but sometimes dads get overlooked. Here are some baby shower gift ideas a dad will love.
1. Daddy diaper bag
Dad’s going to be on diaper duty, too, but chances are he won’t want to carry around a flowery diaper bag when he’s out and about with the little one.
- You can order him a masculine diaper bag that he can tote around so he feels great.
- He’ll look forward to using one with his favourite sports team on it or one that boasts a cool colour scheme.
2. Tool kit
DIY dads might be working to get all the baby furniture in order at home, so a new tool kit could come in handy.
- Building cribs and rocking chairs and fixing things around the house requires some basic tools, so you should find an all-in-one kit that includes everything from screwdrivers to a level.
- With this, he’ll be able to tackle any and all baby projects.
3. Parenting books
He may have already started reading some literature on becoming a new parent, but if he hasn’t, a baby shower is a great time to give him a book or two.
There are plenty of informative ones to choose from that provide tips on everything from how to change diapers to dealing with teething, feeding and crying.
4. Memory-foam pillow
Dad will probably have a few sleepless nights in the months after the baby is born.
- A memory-foam pillow makes a great gift because it gives him a chance to enjoy the sleep he does get. He’ll thank you when his head hits the pillow and he falls right to sleep.
5. New camera
A new dad is going to want plenty of pictures so he can remember the early years of his baby’s life.
- A new camera will ensure that he’s able to get great shots of his new family and share them with friends.
Remember: soon-to-be fathers also deserve some of the baby shower spotlight! These gifts will smooth the journey for new dads while making them even more excited about becoming a father.