Whether it’s relaxing at the cottage or camping on the beach, singing some of your favourite classic rock songs around the campfire never gets old – just like the company of good friends!
If you really want to get the good times rolling, grab an acoustic guitar, friends and family, then get the jam session (and fun) going. Here’s a compilation of some of the best classic rock tunes that will have everyone singing like rock stars!
The best choices
Entire Beatles catalog
- The Beatles are widely known as the greatest rock band of all time. Why not return to your roots with a nostalgic rendition of one of their biggest hits? You’re in luck; almost everybody already knows all the lyrics!
Hotel California (The Eagles)
- It would be difficult to find a more timeless song than Hotel California by The Eagles. The classic chorus harmony will get everyone joining in.
Still Loving You / Wind of Change (Scorpions)
- For a more romantic rock atmosphere, try some Scorpions. Still Loving You and Wind of Change are long-time favourites.
- Oasis may have broken up but their songs continue to live up to the Gallagher brothers’ bravado. With a guitar in hand, Wonderwall is always a popular choice.
No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley)
- Who could resist Bob Marley and the chorus of No Woman No Cry?
Time of Your Life (Green Day)
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) is a classic in its own right and remains one of the best acoustic song choices for any occasion.
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
- This righteous 70s ballad is perfect for a summer night.
You’ve Got A Friend (James Taylor)
- The title may sound little depressing but this sweet, melancholy melody can crack even the toughest chestnuts.
Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Nobody is immune to the rhythmic strumming and country-rock anthem of Sweet Home Alabama; it’s a real foot-stomper!
Picture / All Summer Long (Kid Rock)
- Kid Rock can sometimes surprise you with his more intimate, acoustic songs. These two deliver the stripped-down sentiment of endless summer and young love.
Last Kiss (Pearl Jam cover)
- If you have to choose just one Pearl Jam song from their entire collection, you can’t go wrong with Last Kiss.
Bad Moon Rising (CCR)
- Easy to cover, Bad Moon Rising is just one of many Creedence Clearwater Revival party-starting favourites.
Swing Life Away / Hero of War (Rise Against)
- Armed with an acoustic guitar, Hero of War and Swing Life Away are undeniably and unmistakably the best ways to revisit the Rise Against repertoire.
Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton)
- Although it is one of the best acoustic songs in history, be careful when you choose to play this one. The emotional lyrics and heart-wrenching content just might make them cry.
Other artists whose songs you may want to sing
Bryan Adams, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Nirvana, Weezer, REM, Neil Diamond, Peter Frampton, Neil Young, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Eric Clapton, Janis Joplin, James Blunt, Sheryl Crow, Coldplay, Johnny Cash, Chris Cornell, Radiohead, Alanis Morissette, Elton John.