– 16 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
– 12 ounces yellow candy melts or 12 ounces white chocolate candy melts, with
– yellow food coloring (must be an oil-based coloring)
– 8 orange Tic Tac mints (beak)
– black decorating gel (eyes) or icing (eyes)
– wax paper
– Cut the Tic Tacs in half to form the chick’s beak. Set aside.
– Melt the candy coating as directed on the package. I use the microwave. If using white candy melts, add enough yellow food coloring to get a bright yellow tint.
– Dip the Nutter Butter cookies in the melted candy coating, shake off the excess, then lay on the wax paper. Allow the coating to harden, about 10-20 minutes.
– Pipe eyes on each chick. Add eyebrows or eye lashes if you like — I think it gives them more personality.
– Beak: Attach the beak using a bit of melted candy coating.