- 1 1/2 sticks – butter, softened
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 c chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1-3 oz package of lemon Jello (small box)
- 1 c boiling water
- 1/2 c sugar
- 8 oz package of cream cheese (one block), softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-6 oz package lime Jello (large box)
- 2 c boiling water
- 1 c cold water
- Make the crust. Cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add flour and nuts to the mix. Press dough into buttered 9 x 13 inch pan. I use the Pyrex pan. Bake crust for 10-15 minutes in pre-heated 375 degrees oven or until crust is brown. Let cool.
- Make cream layer. Dissolve lemon Jello with 1 cup boiling water. Let this mixture cool. In a large bowl, cream together sugar and cream cheese. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks (but don’t make butter). Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Don’t worry about it blending perfectly. Add the cooled lemon
- Jello and hand whisk together. Pour cream mixture over cooled crust and chill until firm in the refrigerator.
- Make the Jello layer. In a large bowl, dissolve lime Jello with 2 cups boiling water. Add 1 cup cold water. Let this mixture cool. Pour on top of cheese mixture and return to refrigerator to cool completely.
- Cut and enjoy!
Notes: You can, of course, change the color to suit your mood or holiday. This makes a bunch and can get pretty tall! When you add the cream layer, make sure you leave space for the top Jello layer. I usually place the 9 x 13 pan on a half-sheet pan in case I have spillage when placing the top layer on the cake!