– 1 (1⁄4) cups cooked small shell pasta (or whatever small pasta you have on hand )
– 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
– 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
– 2 tablespoons flour
– 1 (1⁄2) cups milk
– 3 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
– 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika (can use regular )
– 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard (I think regular would work too)
– 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
– 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (add extra if desired )
– 1 (1⁄4) cups chopped cooked ham
– 1 cup peas
– 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
– Pre heat oven to 350 degrees,and lightly grease or spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
– In a medium saucepan ( I used the same one that was used to cook the pasta in,one less pan to wash ),melt margarine over medium heat and add onion.
– Cook onion until soft, then add flour and cook until flour is lightly browned.
– Add milk,and all seasonings stir until slightly thick.
– Reduce heat to low and add velveeta,stirring until cheese is melted.
– Remove from heat,add cooked pasta,ham and peas.
– Stir until all ingredients are well coated,if mixture seems to thick add a bit more milk.
– Pour into prepared baking dish and top with optional cheese,bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.