What are the trademarks of the very best hair salons? A pleasant atmosphere, well-trained staff, and stylists who have great hairstyles themselves.
Finding the best hair salon for your situation can be quite a challenge. Your main goal in choosing one should be getting access to competent hairdressers who keep up with all the latest trends.
- You want to have a positive experience that inspires trust, from the minute you arrive at the salon to the few moments your stylist spends teaching you to reproduce your new hairstyle at home.
- Here are five things to keep in mind when looking for a salon that is not only trendy but will stand the test of time.
- Friends and work colleagues are a great source of information about the best hair salon addresses in town.
- Look around at the office or when out with friends and when you see a style you like, ask where it was done.
- You could also do the rounds of the different hair salons close to you or check out the salons in the trendiest neighbourhoods.
- Remember that the hairdos the stylists themselves are wearing are a good indication of their colleagues’ talents!
2. The atmosphere
- Several different criteria can be considered when looking for the best hair salon, starting with the atmosphere.
- A visit to the hairdresser’s is an opportunity to take care of yourself. And because it’s not always easy to take a break from your busy schedule, your salon hiatus has to be enjoyable.
- Look for a salon where you feel at ease as soon as you arrive. A warm welcome, a short waiting time, and comfortable surroundings can make all the difference.
3. Available services
- Take into account the different services available. Some salons specialize in colouring or blow-outs and styling.
- So, the best hair salon for you is the one where the stylists can meet all your expectations, depending on your hair type and your personal style.
- Pay particular attention to what services are on offer when you want to really transform your hairstyle.
- For a successful makeover, it’s vital to entrust your head to a professional who’s done that kind of work before.
Some salons offer other complementary services on site. You might want to choose a spot where you can also get your makeup done, or a manicure, massage or body hair removal. Even if the availability of these services isn’t a guarantee of overall excellence, it can be very practical to find all of them under the same roof.
4. The little extras
- Nothing beats the little extras. The best hair salons offer comfy chairs and coffee or a glass of wine, along with recent magazines and hairstyle books.
- Those plusses turn your outing into a real treat that you can look forward to during a hectic week.
5. Lots of clients
- For better or for worse, the best hair salons are often very busy.
- So once you find your ideal spot, you’ll probably have to call well in advance to get an appointment. But you know that it will be well worth the trouble!