When the weather warms up, the toes come out. Read these tips for getting soft, pampered, sandal-ready feet and be proud to show off your toes this summer.
1. Get soaking
Start by soaking your feet.
– This can be done while you multitask in the bath put on some music, light a few candles, or bring your favourite book, and let your skin start to soften up.
– If you don’t want to take a bath or don’t have a bathtub, you can simply soak your feet in a large bin or bowl.
– Soaking your feet helps to loosen up calluses and soften up any hardened, dead skin.
– At a minimum, soak your feet for five minutes, but 10 or 20 is even better, if you can spare the time.
– Adding a few drops of tea tree oil to the water will help work as an antiseptic to help kill any fungus.
Using an exfoliant on a loofah, scrub your feet to remove any dead skin cells.
– This will leave your feet smoother, and will give you a better base for an even tan, if you plan to spend some time outside.
– Make sure you scrub all the sides of your feet, including the sides, top and sole of your foot.
3. File with a pumice stone
Use a pumice stone to file away any calluses on your feet. A pumice stone is a lot like sandpaper but for your feet.
– It’ll scrub down any hard parts on your foot and make your feet feel youthful, soft, and more supple again.
4. Care for your cuticles
The cuticles are a much-neglected zone of the feet and hands.
– Pamper them by applying a drop of cuticle oil to each toe to soften them up so you can push them back easier. Then, clip your toe nails and apply a polish if you choose.
5. Treat yourself to a foot massage
Once your polish is dry, massage a foot cream into your foot, and leave it overnight to soak in.
– A good way to prevent your feet from making everything they touch greasy is to put a generous amount of foot lotion on them, then put on socks. There are special spa socks made for this purpose.
– A foot cream will help to further moisturize your feet. Choosing a lotion of Alpha Hydroxy Acid is a good idea to further help repair and exfoliate your winter feet and get them ready for summer sandals.
Pamper yourself with an at-home pedicure and feel confident when you slip your feet into your sandals this summer.