Having a light complexion is a wonderful trait if you know how to accentuate your features with the right products and shades. Here are some makeup tips for women with very fair skin.
1. Light foundation
The most important part of applying makeup to fair skin is choosing a foundation.
– Heavy or dark foundations will make your skin look unnatural and they’ll also clog your pores, which can lead to breakouts.
– Opt for a very light foundation that highlights the beauty of your fair skin but also gives your face an even glow. If you’d like to give your skin more colour, you can try a tinted foundation — a safe way to get a more sun-kissed complexion.
2. Light lips
With fair skin, it’s important to keep the light hues consistent. Natural looks work best, so go for light lipsticks in soft apricot or pale pink shades.
– Try to avoid browns and dull colours since they can look rather drab on fair skin. If you want a more dramatic look for special occasions, you can always opt for dark, crimson reds, which can create a lovely Snow White effect.
3. Cool eyes
When it comes to eye shadows, try to avoid any kind of reddish or pink hues. They tend to make fair-skinned women look more washed out and sickly, and don’t do a great job of warming up the appearance of your skin tone.
– It’s best to go with cool shades of soft navy, grey or neutral browns that bring out the eyes.
4. Bold eyeliner
When you have fair skin, accentuating your eyes with dramatic eyeliner is a foolproof way of looking great.
– Use a shade of black (not brown) and line both the top and bottom of your eyes to make them pop against the fair shade of your skin.
Fair-skinned ladies need to take extra care to make sure that their skin stays moisturized, supple and glowing.
– Wear a light moisturizer that you can apply multiple times a day so your skin never dries out. Also, make sure that it has an SPF of 30 or above, because fair skin burns more easily than darker skin tones.