Are you tempted to try one of those trendy hair salons that everyone’s talking about? Is your gut telling you “maybe, maybe not”? Before making an appointment for a hair makeover, be sure to do your homework. The first tip: don’t act on impulse.
Longing for a change?
- Your latest love relationship just broke up and you woke up this morning with an irresistible urge to change your look? The grey hairs are starting to take up more of your head? First of all, take a deep breath and think about what you really want.
- Of course, you can search the Internet to find the very latest trends in hairstyles, but try and resist the urge to book in to the first hair salon that you see on the street.
- Choosing hair salons carefully is vital if you don’t want to end up with a look you hate.
Visit your salon of choice
A complete change of style requires the advice of a competent hairdresser. Look for a salon featuring well-groomed stylists who look like they could guide you in choosing a cut, colour and hair care routine. Are there too many hair salons for you to choose from? Visit a few and keep your eyes open for a few key details:
- How are you greeted? With smiles and enthusiasm, or do you feel as if you’re disturbing them?
- What’s the atmosphere like? Is the music too loud for you?
- Do you feel comfortable?
- Are the prices within your budget?
- What training does the hair stylist have? Are his or her diplomas hung on the wall?
- Do they offer a personalized analysis?
- Are the surroundings clean? Hygiene is important, so the entire hair salon should be clean. Is the hair swept up on a regular basis? Are dirty towels put away? Does the salon look organized or is it in disarray?
Trust your first impressions
- You should follow your gut about the salon you’re visiting. If you don’t feel comfortable when you first arrive, you should leave immediately.
- Remind yourself that a hair makeover is a major change; you have to feel you can trust your stylist, because it’s you who will have to live with the result.
Try a beauty salon
- Many whole-body beauty salons offer a wide range of services so you can be beautiful from head to toe.
- So, why not spend an amazing day being pampered? You can visit the hair salon for your new look, and follow it up with a manicure and a pedicure to lift your spirits.
Have you found the perfect place? Spread the word!
- Word of mouth is still a great way to find a hair salon that you can trust. And of course talking it up is wonderful publicity for the professionals who work there.
- So, don’t hesitate to talk to your friends about the best hair salon; it will benefit everybody.