It’s always important to use sunscreen, especially when the summer sun is shining down and you’re planning to be outside for a while. But why? Here are three reasons to slather-up.
1. The thinning ozone layer
Harmful emissions and pollutants have caused the ozone layer to deteriorate and become much thinner. The result? It doesn’t provide as much of a shield against harmful ultraviolet rays, which are the type that damage our skin and cause it to burn more easily.
If you’re fair-skinned, you can suffer skin damage more easily than other people.
– Wearing sunscreen can help protect your skin from these rays even when you’re out in the sun – but not for an unlimited amount of time.
It’s important to wear sunscreen even if you aren’t planning to be out in the sun for very long, since damage can happen quickly. What’s more, having a darker complexion is no guarantee that you won’t burn.
2. Sun damage causes wrinkles
Many people like to be in the sun to get a suntan, but along with that comes the increased chances of getting wrinkles, brown spots and discolouration on your face and other parts of your body.
– In order to keep your skin healthy, apply sunscreen every time you plan to be in the sun.
– It’s a great idea to wear a daily face moisturizer that has a SPF of 15 or higher, so you’ll be protected even if you weren’t planning to be out in the sun.
3. Exposure to the sun increases the risk of skin cancer
Not only does sun exposure cause wrinkles and premature aging of the skin, but it can also lead to more serious conditions such as skin cancer.
– It’s important to use sunscreen because it provides a protective shield for your skin against the sun.
– There are a number of different types of skin cancers and their incidence is on the rise. Moreover, some of them can become life-threatening if undetected and untreated, so it’s important to take the necessary measures to help avoid this serious disease.
Wearing sunblock is a simple way to help you stay safe in the sun. So find a face and body lotion that works best for you and use it on a daily basis to best protect your skin.