– 1 cup of desiccated coconut
– 1/3 cup of canned coconut milk
– 3/4 cup + 1 table spoon of powdered sugar
– 1/2 tea spoon of cardamom powder
– 3-4 table spoons of crushed cashew and almond
– 2 table spoons of melted butter or Ghee
– In a pan add melted butter and coconut. Saute over low flame for 2-3 minutes.
– Add coconut milk (in case you are using fresh coconut milk, add 1/4 cup).
– Stir well on medium heat till all moisture has evaporated, and then add sugar.
– Mix well and then add cardamom powder. Set aside.
– Once the coconut mixture has cooled (make sure not to let it cool completely) take a small portion (enough to make 1 1/2 inch balls) and press it on your palm creating a concave.
– Fill the centre with some crushed cashews and almond and then seal the top by making it a round shape.
– You can decorate the balls (Laddus) with fried almond.