– 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
– 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
– 1 (1⁄2) teaspoons corn syrup
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 6 -7 cups sifted icing sugar
– yellow food coloring
– 1 lb semisweet chocolate
– 1 ounce paraffin wax (optional)
– In a large bowl, mix milk, butter, corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
– Add icing sugar in 3 or 4 batches,stirring well after each addition.
– Mix well, then knead with hands, mixing in more icing sugar if needed, until mixture holds shape and is smooth.
– Take 1/4 of the mixture, and color it yellow for yolks.
– Form it into 10 to 15 small balls, set aside.
– Make 10 to 15 Larger balls with the remaining mixture.
– Flatten large ball in palm, place yellow ball in centre, then shape white mixture around it to form an egg shape.
– Place eggs on tray, cover well with plastic wrap so they do not dry out, and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm.
– Dipping Chocolate: Place chocolate and paraffin in bowl over hot (not boiling) water (approx 86 deg.) Use a fondue fork to dip eggs into chocolate.
– Place eggs on tray lined with waxed or parchment paper.
– Put in a cool place until chocolate is firm.
– Decorate if desired.