– 1 lb sliced bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
– 2 cups chopped cooked ham
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 8 -10 slices white bread, cubed
– 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
– 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz)
– 8 eggs
– 3 cups milk
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sau
– In a skillet, cook bacon until done.
– Remove bacon from skillet, leaving drippings in the pan.
– Add ham and onion to skillet.
– Cook and stir until onion is tender.
– Drain grease from ham and onion.
– In a bowl, combine bacon, ham, and onion.
– In a greased 13x9x2 baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, potatoes, and cheese, in that order.
– Top with all of the bacon mixture.
– Repeat another layer of bread, potatoes, and cheese.
– In a bowl, beat the eggs.
– Add milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper to the eggs.
– Pour over all in the baking dish.
– Cover and refrigerate overnight.
– Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
– Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.