You can’t stop yourself from getting older, but you can certainly keep yourself looking young! These practical tips will help you fight wrinkles and make your eyes look their best.
1. Prevent wrinkles and keep your face young
Wrinkles are inevitable, but aren’t all bad (think of laugh lines). Though moisturizing can help, a healthy lifestyle is more important. Here are the rules to follow for youthful, vibrant skin:
– Eat well. Have more olive oil, fish, low-fat milk, fruit, vegetables, eggs, nuts, and beans. Consume less butter, red meat, cakes, pastries, soft drinks, full-fat milk, margarine, chips, and fried foods.
– Make sure that there are plenty of vitamins in your diet. Foods rich in vitamin C like berries, red pepper, and broccoli can help maintain your skin’s elasticity.
– Stay well hydrated by drinking water and not too much alcohol.
– Cigarettes are ruinous to both your general health and your complexion.
– Use sunscreen and wear sunglasses in bright light.
– Don’t drink through straws; they can cause wrinkles round the mouth.
– Sleep on your back so that your face isn’t constantly crumpled at night. Use soft pillowcases.
– Avoid frown lines by cultivating a positive state of mind. Don’t worry, be happy!
2. Shape your eyebrows like an esthetician
A beautifully arched brow lightens and opens up your eyes, but work carefully. If you pluck too much you’ll look permanently startled!
– Hold a pencil straight up against one nostril. This will show you where your eyebrow should begin.
– Hold it diagonally from the nostril so that it crosses the outer corner of the eye. This is where your eyebrow will end. Your aim is to achieve an arch directly above the outside of the iris when you are looking straight ahead. The brow should then taper.
– Comb out your eyebrows and use an eyebrow pencil to draw the shape you want.
– Tweeze unwanted eyebrow hairs one at a time, pulling in the direction of growth.
– Soothe the area with toner when you’ve finished.
3. Apply false eyelashes
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Eyelash strips and glue
– Small scissors
– Eyebrow pencil
Here’s how to do it:
– Use tweezers to hold the eyelash strip. Measure it against your own eye and trim the ends to fit. Draw a fine line with dark eyebrow pencil along your upper lid and smudge it slightly.
– Squeeze eyelash glue onto the back of your hand and draw the base of the strip through it. Using tweezers, apply the lashes as close to the natural eyelash line as you can.
– Press from end to end and wait for the glue to dry.
– Apply mascara to blend the false eyelashes with the natural ones and use eyeliner to fill any gap between the two.
In many ways, beauty is a marathon rather than a sprint. It’s about small, consistent efforts. Use these tips consistently and your eyes and skin will look their best for years to come.