– 3⁄4 cup sugar
– 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups milk
– 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
– 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 medium firm bananas
– 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
– whipped cream or Cool Whip
– sliced banana
– In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt; stir in milk and mix well.
– Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
– Remove from the heat.
– Stir a small amount of cream mixture into egg yolks; return all to saucepan.
– Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from the heat.
– Add butter and vanilla; mix well; allow to cool slightly.
– Slice the bananas and place evenly in pastry shell; pour cream mixture over bananas.
– Cool; before serving, garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip and bananas.
– Refrigerate any leftovers.