If you like to sample different foods when your hosting or attending a party, then you should know some great finger foods for a casual get-together.
1. Apples and Prosciutto
Wrap apple slices with thinly sliced prosciutto for a quick, colourful appetizer.
2. Brie and Cranberry Puffs
- Spread a sheet of thawed puff pastry and cut into 7.5-centimetre squares.
- Arrange the squares into muffin cups and fill with a piece of brie cheese and a tablespoon of jellied cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsuis or until the puff pastry is nicely browned.
3. Tiny Fruit Tartlet
- Buy prepared tartlet shells and fill with lemon curd or prepared cheesecake filling.
- Add a berry on top and you have a delectable tiny treat.
4. Pancake Bites
- Make your favourite pancake batter and fry into tiny five-centimetre pancakes.
- Use a large toothpick or skewer to pierce a berry, then stack three pancakes and drizzle with a bit of syrup.
5. Shot Glass French Fries
Squirt a tablespoon of ketchup into the bottom of a shot glass and fill it with french fries, either purchased or prepared at home.
6. Shot Glass Grilled Cheese
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of heated tomato soup into a shot glass.
- Make grilled cheese sandwiches and cut each one in four triangles.
- Balance a triangle sandwich on the mouth of each glass and encourage your guests to dunk the grilled cheese into the soup for a taste of comfort food.
7. Milk and Cookies
- Bake or purchase your favourite kind of cookie.
- Pour cold milk into shot glasses and set one cookie on each glass for a tiny, sweet treat.
8. Grilled Tomato Bruschetta
- Preheat your broiler. Mix together four pounds of cherry tomatoes, which have been cut in half, and 2/3 cup olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut two baguettes in half horizontally and toast under the broiler until nicely browned. Remove from oven and rub the warm baguettes with a peeled garlic clove to taste.
- Add a bit of the tomato mixture on top of the baguette, top it with thinly sliced red onion and pieces of fresh basil. Cut the baguettes into 7.5-centimetre pieces and arrange on platter.
No matter the occasion, there are great finger food ideas for your next party. Just remember to have fun, be creative and enjoy.