Whether you have curly or straight hair, different things can cause it to get frizzy, such as your natural hair texture or even the weather. The good news is that there are many things you can do to keep it from happening. Here are a few tips that will help you make sure your hair stays shiny and sleek in any situation.
1. Smoothing treatments
- There are over-the-counter smoothing treatments you can buy that will be a big help in taming your hair.
- All you have to do is apply a light coat of the treatment and it acts like a permanent conditioner.
- Put it on when your hair is still wet and use a blow dryer to smooth it down to help your hair stay de-frizzed all day.
2. Be gentle with the towel
- When you step out of the shower, be careful not to dry your hair in a way that causes any extra friction.
- It’s best to use the towel to smooth your hair down instead of rubbing it on your hair, which can cause hair to break and cause split ends.
- Towel dry your hair very gently and you’ll also notice that it will help to keep your hair from looking frizzy.
3. Rinse with cool water
- At the end of your shower, turn the water temperature down a little bit and rinse your hair with cool water.
- If you can stand it, make it cold–the colder the better!
- A cold rinse is good for your skin and hair and will help make your tresses stay sleek and shiny.
4. Anti-frizz lotion
- If you have curly hair, try using a styling product that will help keep the frizz away.
- There are many anti-frizz lotions and milks that can be helpful in taming your locks.
- If you have really coarse hair, you can even try using a heavier oil treatment that is meant to help keep frizzy hair from getting out of hand.
5. Natural brushes
- When you’re brushing your hair, you want to make sure the brush you’re using is soft and easy on your head.
- Use a natural bristle brush made of animal hair instead of one made of hard plastic, and you’ll start to notice that it’s great for getting rid of frizziness and smoothing your hair.
6. Stay moisturized
- It’s important to deep condition your hair once a week on top of your everyday conditioner.
- This helps hydrate your hair and keep it moisturized.
- Frizzy hair is often a result of letting it dry out too much.
- A deep conditioning treatment can help to avoid this from happening.