Celebrities are known for their flawless hair, but a lot of work goes into making it that way. These five great tips will help make your hair shine like the pros, and most of these suggestions involve reasonably priced ingredients and techniques simple enough for you to do in your own home.
1. Give your hair some sass
- Sure, that carefree wavy look featured by celebrities like Heather Graham and Diane Kruger may look like little effort, but it actually takes quite a bit of work to get the style right.
- First, blow dry each section of your hair, then add some volume with rollers while covering your hair with a hair volumizing spray.
- Let the rollers set for 20 minutes and afterwards run your fingers through your hair, gently tousling it to create luscious waves.
2. Tackle frizzy hair
- Even celebrities like Natalie Portman, Nicole Scherzinger and Olivia Wilde have to deal with frizzy hair that can become damaged and unruly.
- One great way to attack frizz is by applying a deep conditioning agent to your hair.
- Then soak a towel in water and microwave it in a bowl for about a minute.
- Take it out (careful, it’ll be hot!), squeeze out any excess water, and then place the towel on your head until it cools down. This will help the conditioner get even deeper into your hair, making it shiny and smooth.
3. Argan oil
- Argan oil – also known as Moroccan oil – is an increasingly popular beauty product for celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Eva Mendes.
- You can use it to style your hair, add a layer of hair protection or nourish individual strands.
- This oil is loaded with vitamin E, which can help repair damaged cells on your scalp and provide antioxidant protection for all of your hair.
- Argan oil is also highly versatile — you can use it as an overnight conditioning treatment, a hair mask and even on your face as a moisturizer.
4. To prepare for a big event
- You might not be attending a movie premier or an interview to promote your new album, but for big events in your life you want to make sure your hair looks amazing.
- One great tip is to wash and blow dry your hair the night before.
- Then tie your hair into a top-knot and go to sleep.
- This method will calm any frizz and keep your hair looking smooth all through the next day.
5. Bring out the blond
- Celebrities like Uma Thurman, Cameron Diaz and Carrie Underwood are known for their gorgeous blond locks.
- However, some hair stylists have hinted that at least some Hollywood starlets utilize lemon juice as a trick to lighten their hair and bring out some real shine.
- Try squeezing a bit of lemon juice through your hair, letting it set for 10 to 20 minutes, and then wash your hair out with conditioner to get the best results.
- Ultimately, you don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to have hair like a celebrity. Experiment with some of these tricks to see which one works best for you.