For most of us, spa days are few and far between. Taking the time to do a little leg work and planning it out perfectly ensures that you get the most relaxation and beautification for your money.
1. Decide on treatments in advance
- The first step is to decide what it is that you are looking to get out of your spa day. Is it a fresh, new cut and colour? Or maybe you’d like every last knot melted out of your aching back? Is a skin treatment in order before your wedding day?
- Knowing what you want ahead of time makes it less overwhelming when looking at the many treatment options spas have to offer.
2. Do your research
- Once you’ve decided what you’d like out of your day, take a little time and check out online reviews of spas in your area.
- Find which ones offer the treatments you would like and see what others have to say.
- Many websites are rife with information about the quality of the care you get, and many times the company will have special offers posted in their listing.
3. Ask what treatments are best for you
- Every person’s needs are different, so once you’ve found a spa you like, give them a call and ask what treatments fit to your needs, such as dry skin, wrinkles, sore muscles, or problems sleeping.
- Go for treatments that will keep you feeling relaxed and beautiful long after you leave to get the most out of your money!
4. Look for package deals
- Many spas will offer gift packages where multiple treatments are booked together. Maybe buy one and consider gifting it to yourself!
- Another route you can go is to inquire about group rates. Plan a day with your friends and get some discounted relaxation together.
5. Arrive early and stay late
Take full advantage of everything the spa has to offer by maximizing your time there. Ask for a full tour and note which amenities appeal to you. Perhaps you’d like to sweat it out in the sauna before your facial, or relax in a hot tub after a nice, long massage.