Before long, fashions and branding will become important to your children. But there are plenty of ways to keep them happy, while looking after your wallet. Here are five easy ways to pay less.
1. Store card benefits
Sign up for store cards from the big department and chain stores.
- You could gain points to redeem against future purchases, notice of sales, special offers or money-off vouchers and discounts.
- Be sure to avoid the high interest charges by always paying off your bill in full every month.
2. Online savings
- Many online catalogues start their sales ahead of reductions offered by mail, and the same goes for the online outlet of some stores.
- Register your email address to get advance notice of sales and any special offers.
3. Get in the club
- Look out for bargains in “club” stores where you will find many items of clothing at rock-bottom prices.
4. Discounted designers
- Certain department stores offer good-value selections by top designers.
- If your child must have branded tops and trousers, look for them here.
5. Branded sportswear
- You can save on clothes and sneakers at a factory outlet store during the end of the season or a second-hand clothing shop.