Oily hair can weigh down your locks and spoil your style. Here are 5 quick and easy prevention tips for a greasy hair fix that really work.
Bring on the dry shampoo
Dry shampoo is the quickest fix imaginable for anyone with oily hair.
- Excess oil starts at the scalp and can weigh down your entire mane. This miracle product absorbs the oil at the roots and even gives an instant volume boost.
- Plus, it’ll keep you from having to rewash your hair daily, which can be detrimental to your hair’s overall health.
Use hair products for oily hair
When it comes to caring for your hair, too many consumers purchase hair products thinking they’re all the same. They’re not.
- It’s important to select products that were designed to treat your specific hair conditions. Everything from shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays and hair oils are made in several varieties for different hair types.
- Select those that are specifically formulated to help treat greasy, oily hair to nix the problem.
- Plus, these products will get to the root of the problem by treating the scalp and balancing its pH levels.
Wash your bangs
Bangs are usually the first part of your hair to get oily and greasy-looking.
- Instead of subjecting your entire mane to another washing, just clean your bangs in the sink with the rest of your hair pinned back.
- Sometimes, a quick refresh of this most visible area can make all the difference.
Avoid conditioning your scalp
The scalp is where you’ll see a build-up of excess oil.
- To prevent worsening the problem, keep conditioning to the tips of your hair only (the ends are usually the thirstiest part of your hair anyway).
- Stay away from the already-moist part of your head, since too much conditioner on the scalp could be an oily culprit. It can block your roots and allow oil to accumulate around the root of the hair follicles.
Lather up with baking soda
Add a touch of baking soda to your shampoo once a week.
- This technique shouldn’t be used daily because it can be far too drying for the hair. In moderation, it can help solve your oily hair problems.
- The baking soda will help keep oil at bay by gently exfoliating the scalp and absorbing excess oils right where they begin to accumulate.