It’s simple to restore your damaged hair by following these simple tips to repair your locks and prevent further damage and breakage, too.
1. Cut daily shampooing
Have a habit of washing your hair every single day? Stop! Hair stylists and hair care experts agree that washing the hair three times per week suffices.
- It’s also much better for your dry and damaged locks. Over-washing can dry out the hair even further, causing more breakage and damage to an already distressed mane.
- If oily hair is a concern for you, you can turn to dry shampoo to get you through the days between washings.
- Dry shampoo will dry up the oil around the scalp and won’t dry out your hair nearly as much as a regular wash.
2. Worship leave-in conditioner
Dry, damaged hair is desperately in need of some leave-in conditioner, so make it a regular part of your hair care routine.
- After each wash, apply a leave-in conditioner to the most damaged parts of your hair, which is usually the ends. Try to avoid applying it to the scalp as this can make your hair oilier.
- Apply as directed on the bottle, comb and style as usual. After a few weeks of regular use, you’ll notice a huge difference.
- Not only will leave-in conditioner repair your damaged hair, but it will also prevent further damage.
3. Always use heat protecting products
Blow dryers and flat irons are public enemy number one when it comes to your hair. The extreme heat is essential to your polished look, but it damages your hair at the same time.
- To prevent the damage of heat styling tools, get in the habit of using a thermal protector on your locks before you get started, which usually come in the form of spray or cream.
- They won’t weigh your hair down since they’re generally very lightweight, so apply all over.
4. Add some shine
Dry, damaged hair is often lacklustre and dull. Add some shine with hair oil for a more polished finish. You may think adding oil to your hair will make your hair, well, oily, but that isn’t the case at all.
- Hair oil is designed to hydrate only where necessary and won’t weigh your hair down.
- Essential oils can strengthen the hair and are also quick-absorbing and not greasy. Plus, hair oil also acts to repair damaged locks and seal in moisture to prevent further damage.
- It’s an all-around amazing product that will give your damaged hair a quick fix now and restore it in in the long run, too.