There are many causes for hair shedding and also many things you can do to stop it in its tracks. Here are four tips to help you stop your hair from shedding.
Shedding hair is natural to some extent. It is the body’s way of getting rid of old hair to make room for new growth.
- An excessive amount of hair shedding, however, might be a sign of a nutritional deficiency or other issues.
Drinking water is good for your body, and it can help keep your hair healthy.
- Water promotes hair growth by keeping the scalp moisturized, resulting in more shiny and beautiful-looking locks.
- Increase the amount of water that you drink and it will likely decrease the amount of hair you’re shedding. It may also reduce dandruff, itchy scalp and split ends.
2. Scalp massage
Scalp massages not only feel great, they may also help prevent hair loss.
- Scalp massages encourage blood flow to the hair follicles, making hair strands stronger and less likely to shed.
- The increased blood flow also encourages new hair growth.
- Scalp massages are useful in any season, but are most beneficial in the colder months when the body temperature drops and the heart starts directing blood away from the skin and toward the important internal organs.
Garlic is more than a tasty spice; it also promotes a full head of hair.
- This pungent spice is full of nutrients and antioxidants that can help stop excess hair shedding, and it is a natural anti-fungal agent that can help reduce dandruff.
- You can get the hair strengthening properties of garlic by eating it and by using it topically.
- A great tip is to add minced garlic into your daily conditioner. Add about 1/8 teaspoon of minced garlic to a handful of conditioner, apply to freshly washed hair, leave for a minute and rinse thoroughly to remove the garlicky odour.
A buildup of dirt, grime and hair product residues can suffocate the hair follicles, leading to increased hair loss.
- One of the best ways to remove buildup is to rinse your hair and scalp with vinegar.
- After shampooing your hair, add about a tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of water and pour it over your head in the shower.
- Massage it into your scalp to make sure that it cleanses your head completely and then rinse off. The vinegar odour will disappear after your hair dries.
You should see a decrease in hair shedding after about a month of following the above treatments.
- If you see no improvement, visit your doctor to rule out medical causes of hair loss, such as an over- or under-active thyroid gland.