Straight hair might seem desirable but it comes with its own set of challenges. These tips can help you give your straight hair more volume, shine and texture.
Women with straight hair may seem to have it easy when it comes to hair styling and maintenance, but straight hair can often appear limp and boring if it’s not styled properly.
- Here are four tips to help straight-haired people easily style their hair.
1. DIY vinegar rinse
Straight hair can gather a lot of buildup from products and general everyday grit and grime. It’s a good idea to do a deep cleanse to get rid of all the things that are weighing your hair down to make your hair feel full of life again.
- Try adding a tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of water and pouring it over your hair in the shower. Leave it in for a few minutes and then rinse it out, using a comb to untangle it.
Scrunching gives straight hair a lot of texture and can make it looker fuller and more vivacious.
- You can scrunch your hair by applying scrunching mousse or gel to wet hair and then running your fingers through it without getting too much in the root area.
- Then start squeezing different sections of your hair in handfuls and let it air dry. You’ll get a great amount of body and a new look.
Sometimes making straight hair look like you haven’t done anything to style it is the best thing you can do.
- Try showering at night and keeping your hair in a loose braid. When you wake up, your hair will have more waves and natural body.
- This is usually enough to make it ready to go for the day! You can use a bit of light styling lotion if you want, but otherwise, just leave it as is.
4. Upside down blow dry
When it comes to straight hair, it’s all about adding more body to your locks.
- The best way to do so is to blow dry your hair upside down when it’s wet. This will give your hair a huge lift and make it fuller with more volume. It’s a great way to counter flat, dull hair.