Motorcycle gear can’t prevent you from getting into an accident, but it can lower the chances of serious injury for the new motorcyclist. Wear this when you hit the road.
Motorcycles are the mode of transit preferred by those who love excitement and fun. Motorcycles can reach blazing high speeds incredibly fast, however, your body is more vulnerable than if you were driving a car. That’s why it’s important to make sure that you’re outfitted in the right kind of motorcycle gear. Here are some important items to wear when you’re riding your motorcycle.
The helmet is generally regarded the most important piece of motorcycle safety gear.
- A good helmet needs to ensure that your head is protected from impact in the event of an accident.
- Riders who aren’t wearing helmets stand a much higher chance of suffering serious or fatal head injuries.
- Make sure that your helmet meets safety standards and fits properly. The best fit is when the helmet hugs your cheeks, jaw and the top and sides of your head.
Your feet are very vulnerable when you’re riding a motorcycle. They help to keep you balanced when you’re stopped at a stop sign and stand up better to rain or wind while riding.
- It’s important to choose a sturdy pair of boots that will keep you safe while riding. You want to make sure that the boots are specifically made for riding a motorcycle.
- They should be made of leather with Kevlar reinforcements, which help protect you from flying debris and from injury in a crash.
Wearing regular jeans or pants while riding your motorcycle isn’t a good idea.
- These fabrics are usually very thin and don’t offer much protection against the elements and in accidents.
- It’s best to wear a layer of leather — either chaps or pants — over your legs in order to offer extra protection.
4. Motorcycle Jacket
Protecting your upper body from injury is also important while riding your motorcycle.
- Wearing a regular coat or only a shirt alone is dangerous; you’re not only exposing yourself to wind and weather damage, you’re left unprotected in case of an accident.
- A good motorcycle jacket should be made of sturdy materials that act as armour for your body.
- Some are made from hard foam material that are difficult to break through and provide high impact absorption.