If you’re on a carb-free diet or want to learn more about it, check out these four unique snack ideas that will keep you satisfied and eating healthy.
Eating a carb-free diet doesn’t have to feel restricting; in fact, there are many delicious meals and snacks that are both good for the body and tasty to eat.
1. Prosciutto and melon roll-up
For a snack that satisfies the craving for something sweet and salty, try a prosciutto and melon roll-up.
- Slice strips of honeydew or cantaloupe melon, then take individual thin slices of prosciutto and wrap it around the melon.
- For extra flavor, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For an extra creamy element, include a slice of mozzarella cheese next to the melon, then wrap the melon and cheese in the prosciutto.
2. Avocado bowl
One of the most versatile carb-free snack ingredients is the avocado. Slice one in half and remove the pit, and you’ll have a convenient “bowl” that you can also eat.
- Fill half of an avocado with fresh tuna salad, then garnish with small pieces of scallion and sunflower seeds.
- Using a fork, dip through the tuna into the avocado and enjoy a delicious and filling snack.
3. Mini broccoli and cheese omelets
For a snack that you can enjoy any time of the day, try making mini broccoli and cheese omelets.
- Simply steam some broccoli, then crack three eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Mix the broccoli into the egg, then pour the egg mixture into a muffin tin.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Take the mini omelets out of their individual tins and allow them to cool slightly before enjoying.
- You can also mix cheddar or feta cheese into the mixture before baking for added flavour.
4. Lettuce wraps
Lettuce wraps make for an easy, healthy snack.
- Cook a boneless, skinless chicken breast, then slice it into strips.
- Slice an avocado into small pieces, cut carrots into thin strips, and crush some peanuts.
- Then, separate three large pieces of butter lettuce and combine the ingredients before rolling each piece of lettuce into a wrap.
- Consider topping with scallions or cilantro, depending on your flavour palette, and dip in soy sauce.
- You can also make a homemade peanut sauce using peanut butter for a nutty addition.