If you have greasy hair you’d like to be beautiful and healthy, here are 3 low-maintenance solutions that can help cut grease. Try one or try them all and pick the one that works best.
Three simple DIY remedies to eliminate greasy hair
Greasy hair is hard to avoid, since oil builds up naturally from the scalp and environment during the day. While normal oil buildup can be treated with regular shampooing and conditioning, if you experience excessively greasy hair, try these homemade haircare solutions for cleaner, smoother hair.
Lemon has long been known as a technique for dyeing hair blond; however, it can also be used to battle greasy hair.
- To use lemon, cut it in half and remove the seeds.
- Part your hair down the middle and brush it thoroughly.
- Squeeze the lemon halves over your hair and massage the juice into your scalp and hair.
- Leave the juice in for an hour, then rinse your hair clean.
- Make sure to thoroughly rinse and scrub hair, because leaving juice in the hair and on the head can make hair sticky.
- Repeat washing with lemon juice every other day until excess grease disappears.
Alcohol is a notorious dehydrating agent, so it’s no surprise that alcoholic liquid will also dry out hair. Thus, beer is a particularly effective method for battling greasy locks.
- Mix one can of beer with several cups of water, then pour over the head and massage into the scalp.
- Next, rinse the hair with the beer mixture, being sure to completely cover strands and scalp with the mixture.
- Finally, rinse your head clean with shampoo and fresh water, then allow to dry.
- Repeating this three times a week will help clear up excess oil.
3. Egg yolk
If you still want your hair to be soft and moisturized but don’t want too much excess oil, washing with egg yolk is an excellent choice.
- To use egg yolk, crack two eggs and discard the whites.
- Place the two yolks in a bowl and beat them together well.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice into the bowl of egg yolks and mix well.
- Next, wet hair completely and apply the egg and lemon mixture.
- Allow the egg yolk mixture to dry for five minutes, then rinse your head completely in the shower with warm water.
- Make sure you rinse thoroughly, because leaving yolk in your hair can make it sticky or smell bad.
- Repeating this wash several times a week will help eliminate excessively greasy hair.