If you like the idea of putting your hair up for a special occasion or a night out on the town, then do it! There are some beautiful, simple up-dos that you can do yourself and won’t take you very long. Here are three quick ones to try tonight.
1. High ponytail
- If you think ponytails are just a way to put your hair up on a hot day or get it out of the way when you’re working out, think again.
- A high ponytail can look very polished and very glam, too.
- Since the hairstyle is so simple, feel free to embellish the look with jewelry, shiny nails and a bit of flash in your clothes.
2. Side ponytail
- This sophisticated look takes only a few minutes to do, but it looks good on everyone since it’s extremely face-framing.
- Pull your hair into a side ponytail, then take a few strands of hair from underneath the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic to hide it. And there you have it: effort-free style!
3. Top knot
- Start by putting your hair into a high ponytail, but don’t pull the hair all the way through the elastic band.
- Leaving a little loop on top with some hair left over at the bottom, take the section of hair that’s free from the elastic band and twist it.
- Take the twist and wrap it around the base of the loop of hair that you made, tucking in the end and securing with bobby pins.
- What you get is a chic, put-together hairstyle perfect for every occasion.