Instead of always reaching for that expensive perfume, save it and indulge in these easy-to-make and all-natural body fragrances. You’ll feel refreshed with these splashes of delicate fruit and flower mixtures.
1. Simple body splash
If you have a favourite perfume oil that you’d like to wear in a lighter concentration, you’ll love this easy recipe. Keep this spritzer in your purse for a pick-me-up on a warm day.
- 250 ml (1 c) water
- 5 to 7 drops perfume oil
- Have on hand a clean 250 millilitre (eight ounce) spray bottle. Pour the water into the bottle and drip the perfume oil drops into the water.
- Cover the top with your thumb and shake well. Screw the top on and your body splash is ready.
2. Citrus cologne splash
- 1 lime
- 125 ml (1/2 c) rubbing alcohol
- 15 ml (3 tsp) lemon extract or orange extract
- Juice the lime. Strain out the pulp. Combine the alcohol, lime juice and lemon or orange extract in a clean bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well.
- Dab on pulse points. You may transfer the splash to a spray bottle. Store the splash in the refrigerator.
3. Summer body splash
- 75 ml (1/3 c) vodka
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops lime essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 500 ml (2 c) distilled or boiled water
- Pour the vodka and essential oils into a sterilized 600 millilitre (20 ounce) bottle with a tight-fitting stopper. Stopper the bottle and shake for several minutes. Add the distilled or boiled water and shake for several minutes more. Set aside for at least 48 hours or up to three weeks.
- Place a paper coffee filter in a sieve and drip the liquid through the filter into a ceramic or glass bowl. Now pour the liquid back into the large bottle or into a few smaller sterilized bottles. Keep one bottle in the refrigerator and store the others in a cool, dark place until needed.