The right gadgets can elevate your camping trip from primitive to totally amazing. Here are 10 you cannot leave home without.
Think you’ve tried camping before? From rugged smartphone cases that will solar charge your phone to the latest cooking gizmos, this list of the best gadgets will take your camping trip to the next level.
1. A camping shower
There are a lot of different types out there for you to choose from.
- If you love the pressure of your shower at home, choose a pressure camping shower.
- If a hot shower is what you’re seeking, look for a camping shower with a solar shield, which will use the sun to heat up your water.
2. A camp stove
A portable camp stove is so much more efficient to cook on than an open fire and because they are fairly light, they’re easy to transport.
- Some camp stoves even produce electricity so you can recharge your phone, camera or any other USB-compatible devices.
3. Portable coffee maker
Just because you’re camping doesn’t mean you have to live without your morning cup of coffee.
- Look for a portable coffee maker that isn’t breakable and easy to carry.
4. A multipurpose knife
This might seem like a given, but a good multipurpose knife can make or break your camping trip.
- Look for one that has a couple different blades, a can opener, tweezers, a bottle opener and a cork screw.
5. LED flashlight
LED flashlights last forever and will help you see much better than your standard flashlight.
- Bonus if your flashlight is also waterproof.
6. A solar or hand crank charger
You are probably going to want to take your phone with you, so you will have to figure out a way to charge it without those convenient wall plugs.
- A portable solar charger or a hand crank are your best options.
7. A filtered water bottle
Feel confident about the water you are drinking on your camping trip.
- A water bottle with a built-in filtration system will remove microbiological waterborne pathogens from your water in a matter of minutes.
8. A rugged smartphone case
If you are going to take your phone with you, be sure to protect it.
- Look for a case that is waterproof with thick rubber grips that can withstand a drop.
- Normally, cases that are labelled extreme or military grade are your best bets.
Walk around your campsite easily at night or make those midnight trips to the bathroom much easier with a headlamp.
- These also come in handy if you want to stay up late to read a good book.
10. Ceiling fan
Keep your tent nice and cool by hanging a ceiling fan from the roof of your tent.
- Most are battery operated and come with a light, so they are multifunctional and easy to take with you.
There’s not much that beats getting away from it all on a camping trip, and these gadgets are sure to make your trip that much better.